Re: [Hampshire] P2P backup cloud (Was Re: Keeping My Hard Dr…

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] P2P backup cloud (Was Re: Keeping My Hard Drives Safe)
Damian wrote:

These points, lets speak cloud - I'm using cloud crystal formation in the
private storage cloud...

> Andy Smith wrote:
>> Hi Anton,
>>> The idea being that you get together with either a group of friends,
>>> or just join an existing pool and you allocate a certain amount of
>>> your disk to other people's backups and it cloud-backups your data.

>> I could investigate doing a swap with someone else who wants 500G of
>> offsite storage, but I can't realistically fit another machine in
>> this house.

> complete control over security and more. The community technology of DIASER,
> that is where people can join their pools, is also being seriously considered

...can be achieved with diaser as previously stated by using a different
account name and staggering or alternating the transfer times (phases) or
lowering the LMB - lowest maximum bandwidth between nodes. Where more
technical work is needed remains to be seen.

--
WWW http://www.diaser.org.uk - working together to make long term digital
archives more accessible

RSS http://sourceforge.net/export/rss2_projnews.php?group_id=258272