[Hampshire] Testing iSCSI performance

Author: Brian Chivers
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Testing iSCSI performance
I have setup a little test network with two machines connected together with iSCSI on gigabit
ethernet. I'd like to test the filesystem performance, the iSCSI target is an OpenFiler box & the
client / initiator is a Centos 5.3 machine with the iSCSI mounted as ext3.

Has anyone got any recommendation for testing software or has anyone played around with this sort of
setup?

I've looked at Iozone and it looks very good but a little too complicated for me at the moment at
this early stage.

Thanks
Brian

                the views of Portsmouth College