[Hampshire] Graphics Tablets

Author: Richard Danter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Graphics Tablets
Hi folks,

Looking for a recommendation for a graphics tablet for use with Linux
(Ubuntu 8.04 & 9.04).

This is for work and my colleagues are using Wacom Bamboo tablets(*)
but of course they all use Windoze. I could chose another make/model
if it cost about the same but was known to work better with Linux. In
this case size is important, I think bigger is definitely better
provided the resolution of the pen is good. This will be used for
"virtual whiteboard" type applications but I expect they won't mind if
I use it in Gimp to edit some photos too.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Rich

* http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Bamboo-MTE450KEN-Pen-Tablet/dp/B000R3Q360/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1242313300&sr=8-1