Re: [Hampshire] GPG/PGP Users

Top Page
Author: Brad Rogers
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] GPG/PGP Users

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x567a9100.hantslug.org.uk.5049': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu May 7 20:56:04 2009 BST
gpg: using RSA key 4BC36C6C174D31C1
On Thu, 7 May 2009 17:45:49 +0100
john lewis <johnlewis@???> wrote:

Hello john,

> Thanks Brad, that got me through the first stage, now have to think

You're welcome, John.

> about setting up a new 2048 bit key - do I need one for example

Not immediately, but it's worth thinking about. The following blog
article gives a pretty good "how-to";

http://www.debian-administration.org/users/dkg/weblog/48

Whilst it's on a Debian site, it's not Debian specific. It uses GPG
from the command line, not any Debian specific front-face.

> By the way I suddenly realised I did know my passphrase after all ;-)

Ah, blessed relief! :-)

--
 Regards  _

We're going to hell anyway, let's travel first class
Saturday Night - Kaiser Chiefs