Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu install issue

Author: Leo
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu install issue
Thank you both for your quick responses.
Sean, I managed to fix windows using your advice plus a bit of google.
Alan, those two sites were very useful and I've now fixed grub.

All I can presume is that the installer decided the Windows disk
(/dev/sdc) was the one the computer usually boots to and therefore
re-wrote its MBR. As to why it didn't work, I don't know - I've clearly
got a far too complicated hdd arrangement :)

Now I've just got to work out why grub won't boot windows, but that's
fairly minor in comparison to nothing booting!

Thank you,
Leo