Re: [Hampshire] convert download video to domestic DVD?

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] convert download video to domestic DVD?
2009/4/30 B STEVENS <b.stevens611@???>:

> --- On Wed, 29/4/09, Victor Churchill <victorchurchill@???> wrote:
>
>> The TV has an S_Video input but I do not have an S-Video output
>> on the laptop. Likewise a yellow socket whose name I do not know
>> on the TV but not on the laptop. Normal (VGA?) video out on laptop
>> but not in on TV. So no direct connection.
>
> hi victor
>
> make sure your graphics card is capable of tv out before purchasing any cables. i had a quick search and adaptors such as these [1] do not work on all computers.

Thank you for that cautionary note, Bryan. That is indeed the sort of
item I was thinking of looking for. Fortunately my wife's laptop is a
fairly newish one and I would hope that it would be capable of this
but I suppose age is not really that relevant; it's just a case of
what the manufacturers chose to include. I will probably try the
DeVeDe route first for my immediate problem, but this could be a
useful fallback anyway.

victor