Re: [Hampshire] JOB: Senior Security Engineer | LOCATION: Lo…

Author: Graham Bleach
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] JOB: Senior Security Engineer | LOCATION: London, England, UK
Hi jt,

2009/4/28 jt <jt@???>:
> Daniel Spain wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to join to say that, I hope people don't think that the
>> average IT recruiter is anything like this guy, he's one of the few that
>> gives us all a bad name. Most of us are here because of a genuine interest
>> in the Linux community, and not just to spam job ad's.
>
> Daniel, I do have a "genuine" interest in the Linux community!

Google tells us exactly what your "genuine" interest is:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=camalyn.org

The HantsLUG mailing list is for discussion of Linux-related topics,
mainly those of a technical nature. You have never participated in
this discussion and are therefore not part of the community, but a
guest. You many not personally agree that you should take your job
postings elsewhere, but as a guest, you would be advised to take note
of what our members want.

The bottom line is that you have alienated at least one potential
client (me) not so much by your original posts, as in your refusal to
even attempt to understand other people's concerns and your
misrepresentation of the facts (for example claiming that you adhered
to GLLUG's rules on job posting, claiming that you are keeping to 1-2
posts per month etc.). These are not the actions of someone whom I
would like to represent my employers to job applicants, so I will now
be making a special effort to avoid dealing with you professionally. I
am sure that others on the list share my position.

For damage limitation purposes I suggest you cease posting now and at
least limit yourself to the promised 1-2 posts per month, but
preferably never post job advertisements to this list again.

Cheers,