Re: [Hampshire] Linux RSS feed readers and aggregators

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux RSS feed readers and aggregators

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x577da100.hantslug.org.uk.1078': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Apr 24 16:01:13 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 03:33:04PM +0100, Damian Brasher wrote:
> Hugo Mills wrote:
>
> >    Brief doesn't really work at all like that, but I find it does the
> > job for me very well.

> This will do the job - my installation does not show the entries in the
> reader area, I get the feed title in the blueish title, feed bookmarks on the
> left, then a very large white space where the items should display:-/ hmmm no
> different with 'Use headlines view', any ideas? Perhaps a broken feed or
> something obvious I have missed?

Update the feeds with the green update arrows (top of the left-hand
pane). You will see them each loading in turn -- the feed's icon turns
into a little spinner as it grabs the feed.

Then click on a feed, or on "unread", and it should show the
articles in the big pane on the right.

Hugo.

          --- ...  one ping(1) to rule them all, and in the ---
                         darkness bind(2) them.