Re: [Hampshire] linux for toshiba satellite pro 4320

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: paul, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] linux for toshiba satellite pro 4320
Paul Stimpson wrote:
> +1 for that theory. 9.04 is great on my laptop but distinctly sluggish when running live. If you have the time I'd try installing it and see how it goes. That way you will have an idea of the relative performance of the different candidates and can decide which is your preferred experience.

+2

However, I am going to throw in my lot with the [CrunchBang, Puppy, DSL]
crew on this one.

You might get adequate performance out of an old machine with a
mainstream distro, but you will get (relatively) good performance using
one specifically tailored for the purpose.

I personally like Puppy. The live CD is only 100MB and worth a look to
see what it makes of your hardware.

Sean

http://www.puppylinux.org/downloads/official-releases

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa