Re: [Hampshire] What is a Shuttle PC?

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What is a Shuttle PC?
Rob Malpass wrote:

> Thanks Sean - very useful.
>
> My inteded use for this new box is to basically build something that can run
> Vista or W7 brilliantly so I guess the exapandability argument wins it for
> the traditional desktop case.
>
> If only decent screen magnification software were around for Linux, I reckon
> I could dump M$ completely but I've done a lot of research and those
> programs that there are e.g. gmag are very buggy - hence I use Vista and VNC
> into Linux boxes where I can use ZoomText to do the magnification.

On that last note I was looking at various bits and PC related to pen
drive Linux installs yesterday and I came across Orca [1] - no doubt you
are already aware of it and its capabilities/limitations!

FWIW, I note that Ubuntu ships with Orca.

Sean

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Orca

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa