Re: [Hampshire] Free machine

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Free machine

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5858b100.hantslug.org.uk.21244': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Apr 6 18:12:22 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 05:02:36PM +0000, B STEVENS wrote:
> well deduced.
>
> it filtered through to my HLUG directory because it had hampshire in the title.

In general, it's not such a good idea to filter on the content of
the subject: or to: or from: headers, particularly for mailing lists
-- for the reason you've just discovered.

Almost all mailing lists insert some kind of other mail header that
indicates the origin of the mail. In the case of this list (run on
Mailman):

You should use this header to filter on, rather than anything
else. That way, you can guarantee to filter only the mails from the
list into the right place.

Hugo.

             --- Happiness is mandatory.  Are you happy? ---