Re: [Hampshire] Compatibilty issues installing 64 bit Oracle…

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Compatibilty issues installing 64 bit Oracle onto 64-bit Ubuntu
Bah. GMail dropped me. Sorry. Reprise:

2009/4/5 <tony.lambert@???>:
> Hello Victor
>
> I managed to turn up something from MetaLink for you - someone had the
> exact same error as yourself on RH.
> Turns out they didn't have the 32bit version of glibc-devel installed, and
> this fixed their issue.
> Apparently it's an undocumented requirement - Oracle are very good at
> those.

Hello again Tony,

I have had another go but was not sure exactly which libraries you're
referring to. Could you possibly quote the Metalink info?

Mainly following [1] I have done:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libaio1 gawk ksh libmotif3 alien
libtool lsb-rpm
sudo apt-get install libc6-i386 libc6-dev-i386
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

I did an apt-cache search glibc-devel but did not find anything. Do
you remember the package name(s)?

thanks!

victor

[1] http://www.pythian.com/news/968/installing-oracle-11g-on-ubuntu-804-lts-hardy-heron