Re: [Hampshire] NAS help

Author: Tim
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] NAS help

(posting a second time as I have not seen it appear on then list, apologies to
the list if it has been posted)

I thought I had this one beat, that was until i had to reboot my PC today (moved
it and knocked the power lead). When it rebooted I noticed that the NAS was not
mounted (it should mount from a line in the fstab file), when I tried to do it
manually it told me that only root can mount the share, I did try it as root
and it will mount ok.

Well when I set it up I set it up with "uid" and "gid"and "guest" (see below)

//192.168.1.250/openshare /media/openshare cifs guest,uid=1000,gid=100,rw,auto 0
0

(the uid is mine, the gid is the users group)

Now I have tried using the "cred=" (see below) option and pointing it to a file
that holds my username and password but it still refuse to mount and will only
mount as root

//192.168.1.250/openshare /media/openshare cifs cred=/home/mit/cifs.txt,rw,auto
0 0

Can somebody point me towards the answer why only root can mount it, I think the
answer is staring me in the face but I can't see it??

Tim