[Hampshire] Bring-a-Box meeting tomorrow (Saturday)

Author: Dominic Cleal
To: General Linux/Unix community List, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Bring-a-Box meeting tomorrow (Saturday)
Hello,

This is your final semi-automated reminder that the next joint Surrey and
Hampshire LUG Bring-a-Box meeting is being held at the University of Surrey
in Guildford, tomorrow, on Saturday 13th December.  Doors open from 11am
until around 5pm.

  http://www.surrey.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BringABox

=== What's happening ===
The proposed timetable for the day is as follows, with a couple of talks in
the morning before lunch.

11.00  Doors open
11.30  Adam Trickett of Hampshire LUG has kindly offered to give either of the
       following talks (TBC):
         * rsnapshot - simple backup
         * Desktop Adapted for Dad (revised, expanded and UKUUG edition!)
12.15  Michael Judd will talk about the Adempiere, the open source ERP system

Jon Fautley has also offered to give a demo of Spacewalk and/or RHN if anybody
expresses interest.

Followed by lunch and normal Bring-a-Box activities.

=== Further info ===
We're in the School of Management this time which is located at the front of
the University, very close to the main car park. The building (number 23 on
the map) is to the left of the statue of Alan Turing and will have signs up
outside. The wiki contains more information, see below for the link.

Everybody is welcome at our meetings - no membership or previous experience is
required.  Feel free to bring along a computer or laptop if you wish, we aim
to provide power and internet access (wireless and wired). Remember to bring
a power extension and a long network cable if you need wired access.

=== Location ===
The campus is a short walk from the main Guildford train station and is just
off the A3 if you're coming by car.  Full details are available on the wiki,
including maps and detailed travel information to the University campus:
  http://www.surrey.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BringABox/UniversityOfSurrey

If you have any questions, please reply to the list or to me directly.

--
Dominic Cleal
dominic@???