[Hampshire] Fedora 10 upgrade woes - Part Deux

Author: B STEVENS
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Fedora 10 upgrade woes - Part Deux
I just had to re-install Fedora 10 because after all the upgrading my machine went into some sort of coma.

SELinux developed "'roid rage" and I was getting hundreds of warnings.

The icons disappeared from my desktop.

Gedit stopped working. Select it from the menu, mouse does a little animation. Nothing happens. Type "gedit" in terminal, nothing happens.

Same with some other applications.

Icons have changed and I no longer have permission to open the files, even as root!

After the fresh install, I now have 475 upgrades to install. How do I know which ones are safe?

Regards

Bryan