Re: [Hampshire] Don't tell Bill

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Don't tell Bill
On Saturday 06 December 2008 12:45:55 Mark Johnson wrote:
> The only other suggestion I'd make is speed up some of the transitions
> between the text a bit. It takes about 7 seconds for the first text to
> appear, by which time I've lost interest. In general, I do like the general
> look and feel of the page, and it does handle different screen sizes pretty
> gracefully.

I would concur with the initial wait being too long. Had it not been your
site I would have given up.

But please don't speed the rest up any more. My usual hobby-horse: as the
real world in this country becomes more adapted to disability, the internet
becomes worse. From my point of view, the site is just on the edge of
visibility. In fact, I had to shut it down and start it again in order to
succeed in reading all the text. Again, had it not been your site I doubt
that I would have persevered.

The concept is wonderful, though. I love the idea.

Lisi