Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Alan Bell
CC: Hants LUG
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...
On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 at 07:39:10AM +0000, Alan Bell wrote:
> Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:
>> On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 at 11:35:07AM +0000, Alan Bell wrote:
>>
>>> That would make an interesting project to film for this
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFreeCultureShowcase
>>>

>> Indeed, though you may need to tweak the language so that the virus
>> claim is toned down to make sure it's legal.
>>

> things have to be true?!? wow, that will take a lot of adverts off the
> air. maybe we could say something like:
>
> Tests* show it has 100% visibly fewer infections after just two weeks
>
> * results supported by the "British operating system foundation"*
>
> * which we own

Exactly you have to be very careful what you say - you have to lie
in a way that is defendable.

> but anyhow I think we are going to focus more on individual
> applications, something like this:
>
> "I didn't pay anything for my document management system, but shh, don't
> tell Bill"
> or
> "I just doubled the size of my sales team, but didn't get any extra
> licenses for my customer relationship management system. . . don't tell
> Bill"

That sounds better anyway.

"I just upgraded all my computers to the latest software and it
cost me nothing!"

"The new version actually fixes problems and works faster than the
old version!"

"I don't have to stop my business anymore because the computer
needs constant rebooting"

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK