Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...

Top Page
Author: The Holy ettlz
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56b25100.hantslug.org.uk.4856': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Dec 4 16:38:32 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2FF22CF403F94B5D
On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 15:06 +0000, Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:
> As you say it is an over simplification but even so there are tens
> of thousands of items of malware for Windows and less than
> hundreds for Linux.

Oversimplification perhaps, but I think accuracy, honesty and openness
are important values of the Free Software community and to say that the
Linux virus count is "none" is simply not correct (whether "in the wild"
or not). That said, personally I'd take advice from the legal experts
before making any public claims about software security.

James

--
The Holy ettlz                              TheHolyettlz@???
PGP key ID: 03F94B5D