[Hampshire] [OT] Bluetooth GPS Receivers

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List, Dorset Linux Users Group
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Bluetooth GPS Receivers
Hi All,

With Christmas fast approaching I am looking at replacing the Garmin
Forerunner 101 I bought my wife for running a year ago, on account of
its poor battery life.

She has a Sony Ericsson K850i [1] mobile phone and I note that there is
an application [2] available for it that will track your progress and
allow you to slice and dice it various ways for analysis and recording.

I gather I need a GPS receiver to make all this work, and wondered if
anyone has any experience of BlueNEXT devices such as this one [3],
and/or of combining various software and hardware components in this way?

Sean

[1] http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/k850i
[2] http://www.wayfinder.com/?id=7061&lang=en-UK
[3] http://www.bluenext.co.uk/bluetooth-gps/bn-800gr-bluetooth-gps.html

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa