Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Business insurance

Author: Chris Dennis
To: paul, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Business insurance
Paul Stimpson wrote:
> What kind of insurance are you looking for? Do you mean liability towards your customers for malpractice or something else?

Basically public liability and also 'goods in trust', i.e. clients'
computers when they're in my car or my office. None of the companies
will insure me against being incompetent for some reason ;-}

> My union runs an insurance scheme via a third party company (at a very good price). Are you a member of the British Computer Society or or another professional body and have you asked if they have a similar group policy for members?

No BCS membership, but I'll try the FSB (Federation of Small Businesses)
again -- the insurer I was with a year or so ago put the premiums up by
a big amount so I went elsewhere.

cheers

Chris

> Cheers,