[Hampshire] Open Source ERP

Author: Roger Munford
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Open Source ERP
I am doing some work for a small company in Southampton who manufacture
circuit boards and electronic assemblies. They are looking for an open
source software package to help with manufacturing (MRP) as well as more
general business activities(ERP?). There is a student available who is
keen to do an ERP project. The solution does not necessarily have to be
open source but the company is not in a position to pay a great deal.
I have searched on the web for a few hours and nothing has emerged as an
obvious choice. Does anybody have any advice or links. I don't have any
experience in this field but I am keen to help.

Thanks

Roger