Re: [Hampshire] Clarkconnect Gateway 4.3 & Horde webmail

Author: Phillip Chandler
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Clarkconnect Gateway 4.3 & Horde webmail

> > Im guessing that once setup right. Id write an email as normal, send to
> > my clarkconnect / horde box, which will send on the email itself. So
> > rather than send the email direct myself to smtp.ntlworld.com Id send it
> > to something like smtp.clarkconnect.lan, and would pull emails from
> > pop.clarkconnect.com rather than pop.ntlworld.com. Or would I use imap ?
>
> Personally, I'd use IMAP, otherwise you may as well just use the NTL
> servers.
>
> James

Ive now setup clarkconnect with flexshare account, which then allows me
to setup email. Ive got horde webmail working, it pulls my emails from
NTL, and I can slso send from horde.

But now Im being thick. Im having problems getting Evolution to connect
to my clarkconnect box. Ive changed settings and it goes through the
motions of connecting, but it doesnt retrieve emails that I know are
waiting.

Wondered if someone could slap me with a baseball bat, and push me in
the right direction ?? I know that (i think) imap has to map server
folders and be connected to the server. Is this correct ?

Thanks
Phillip