[Hampshire] BBC downloads on linux - what do you use?

Author: Ed Beckmann - gmail
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] BBC downloads on linux - what do you use?
Hi All

simple one, really. A while back people discussed how they recorded
stuff from the BBC, and the simplest answer I found was to just use
Sound Recorder that is bundled with Ubuntu (gnome-sound-recorder).
Launch, select 'capture' and press the record button.

I want to subscribe to some podcasts and wonder what people use. BBC
offers feeds for itunes, zencast and zune and feeds for yahoo and
goodle. Having no experience at all what do you suggest? All I want is
for the things to appear once published, and for the option to play them
on the PC!

Thanks

Ed