[Hampshire] Free kit from my clearout

Author: Paul Tansom
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Free kit from my clearout
I'm working on a serious kit clear out at the moment, and thought I'd
post a few details here before the items hit Freecycle - which will be
ASAP and once I've finished a bit more sorting. The plan is to be shot
of this lot by next weekend if possible. So here goes a list of what
I've itemised so far:

21" CRT - a Mitsubishi unit that whistles sometimes, but now doesn't fit
the desk I was using it on so has been in the conservatory for the past
few months. There might be a couple more once I've tested and decided
whether I have the space to keep them - probably unlikely on the space
issue! These are Philips units iirc.

15" CRT - I've got at least 4 of these, I think they are all Trinitron
tubes (the Sony is as are the two Dell ones, and I think the NEC
probably is). I've not tested these and they've been sitting for a
while, but I'll test before anyone makes a journey if one is wanted.

14" CRT - I've got it somewhere I'm sure, probably the garage!

Keyboards - sorry John, no nice IBM ones, but there's a few PS/2 ones
and one AT

Mice - one serial mouse and I think I've probably got a few PS/2 once
I've dug a bit further!

A set of older stereo PC speakers, quite large.

A batch of matching removable HD drive caddies - the type that fit in a 5
1/4" drive bay. All matching, but only suitable for ATA33 drives, not
faster (well, not faster and use the speed anyway).

Quite a selection of CD-ROM drives, I think a few may be CD-Writers.

At least two ATX cases, with PSUs if required.

Then there's the box of assorted old motherboards with a few PCI
graphics cards, maybe an AGP or two, a selection of ISA NICs, maybe a
PCI or two.;

I will have a selection of HDs to go as soon as I've Dban'd them, but
they'll be small ones, from a few hundred meg up to a gig or two iirc.

The faster I'm shot of it the happier I'll be, and there may be a few
other new items as I sort through properly. Oh, and an old Sony Sky box
too, but I've not tested it, there's no card or remote.

Oh, I'm based near Cosham / Portsmouth so you have an idea of how far
you may have to travel to collect :)

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: