Re: [Hampshire] Which distro next?

Author: Stephen Nelson-Smith
To: paul, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Which distro next?
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Paul Stimpson
<paul@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My distro journey isn't going too well. I was happy with Kubuntu but ever since Feisty I'd been seeing more and more things that just "weren't right". The final straw was when I couldn't get Pulseaudio to work with KDE.

I'd spend my time trying to fix the bits that aren't right with Ubuntu.

I use CentOS for pretty much everything, but I use Ubuntu on my
laptop, and it's the best workstation distro I've ever seen. If
there's a problem, I'd plug away at it, enlist help from the many
community members and people on this list, and feed back the
experience to other users.

S.