Re: [Hampshire] Which distro next?

Author: Phillip Chandler
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Which distro next?
Windows lookalike !!! Well KDE 3.x would fit the bill as being windows
little brother in basic look menu wise(ish)

(K)Ubuntu 8.10 and Fedora do seem to have a problem with wpa2 wireless.
Debian Lenny needs 5 mins work to get wpa.

As regards to whether pclos is right for you. Best bet is to download
the live CD ISO and give it a spin. Installing my Belkin wireless driver
was 4 clicks.

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 14:11 +0000, Paul Stimpson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the recommendation. I've kept away from PCLinuxOS as I always perceived it as trying to be Windows. Is this still the case?
>
> I like Linux. I don't want Windows. I just don't know enough to localise the FC9 wifi failure to the kernel, nm or the Intel driver or to fix it. Do you think PCLinuxOS is right for me?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul.

Phillip Chandler
phillip.chandler@???
Mobile : 07948 342882
Voip : 01635 767075

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the company the sender represents.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments,
you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them
to anyone.

error.