Re: [Hampshire] File recovery

Top Page
Author: The Holy ettlz
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] File recovery

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5856a100.hantslug.org.uk.8525': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Oct 29 11:55:30 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2FF22CF403F94B5D
There's a few. Remember to stop the machine mounting the disk when you
insert it again and take an image. A search for "recover" on sf.net
turns up:

http://sdrecover.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/flashback/
http://kkfileextractor.sourceforge.net/

PhotoRec is a well-known one:
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

Or if you're into challenges, try a hex editor.

[If you ever find you've just accidentally deleted something from a disc
like this, just yank the USB lead before it has a chance to sync. (Well,
this has worked for me when I deleted all the files off my music
player.)]

James

--
The Holy ettlz                              TheHolyettlz@???