Re: [Hampshire] Help with Router?

Author: Paul Stimpson
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Help with Router?
Hi Chris,

I would check the following:

Are your cables connected correctly?

Are your machines getting DHCP leases from the Linksys?

Try pointing your browser at the Linksys (default is http://yoursubnet.1 ) . See if you can log into it. Do its status and log pages show it connecting to your ISP? If not check your ISP username and password are correct in the router. Check your VPI is 0 and VCI is 38 (for most ISPs - a notable exception being Be There). What is the connection protocol set to? I believe the correct value in most circumstances should be PPPoA. Does the router have a test feature?

Who is your ISP?

Cheers,
Paul.