Re: [Hampshire] Dial-up netbook?

Author: Jim Kissel
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Dial-up netbook?

Chris Dennis wrote:
> Hello Netbook Fans
>
> The early Asus eee PCs had a modem port, but by the time I tried to get
> hold of one for a client wanting a replacement for their Amstrad
> Emailer, the only ones I could find had the modem port blocked off or
> just absent.

To the best of my knowledge, Asus eee PCs never shipped with a modem. I
got one of the earliest 701s and it was blanked off. The H/W FAQ
http://wiki.eeeuser.com/eee_hardware_faq suggests a USB modem. They
are about 10 GBP from Amazon and other suppliers.

--
People choose Microsoft Windows for their PC in the same manner
that the citizens of Soviet Russia elected the General Secretary