Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] UPDATE November Meeting

Top Page
Author: Hants LUG Chairman
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] UPDATE November Meeting

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57da4100.hantslug.org.uk.5621': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Oct 23 22:02:31 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Hello fellow LUG members,

I have good news and some confusing news. Damian has managed against the odds
to obtain for us access to the Zepler Building at Southampton University for
Saturday 1 November as originally planned. That means that we don't have to
share with Surrey for the following Saturday.

What does it all mean?

We will have our normal meeting as originally planned on Saturday 1 November.
Damian will send out a call for MAC addresses for those wishing to use
wireless and provide details of how to get in to the building.

I plan to give my DAD talk on Saturday but we still need another two talks -
though they don't have to be full length if you only want to give a
lightening talk.

Our friends in Surrey are having their meeting the following Saturday and it
is being held at Red Hat's facility in Farnborough which should be an ideal
opportunity to play with someone else's computer (their training machines)
and give another talk!

So I hope I've not utterly confused everyone? To recap our next meeting is
therefore on Saturday 1 November in Seminar Room 1 in Southampton University.
If anyone wants to join the Surrey LUG they are the following Saturday in
Farnborough where we are welcome too.

--
Adam Trickett
  Chairman, Hampshire Linux Users Group