Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu installing problems

Author: Becky Taylor
To: Hampshire LUG
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu installing problems
On 2008-10-21 21:29, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> 3 times in under 12 months? Not suited to purpose is a phrase that comes
> to mind if that was a hardware/build issue each time.
> Sean

Yea, I know. It's not like I do loads with it anyway, mainly G.I.M.P.,
OpenOffice.org, (I am a keen author - or hope to be anyway) the
mainstream stuff (and a bit of Tux racer!).
The laptop I had before that was an advent, and that broke within 3
months of getting it, beyond repair. That was a power failure.
The one I have now, I have a love-hate relationship with, but without
the 'love' part.... Grr
The 1st time it broke, was a power thing (i think, can't remember 100%)
The second time, my hard drive blew up (well not really, but it blinking
well stopped working!), and I couldn't even turn it on. I was offered
some consolation by the fact the Currys 'Tech guy' said it would have
stopped working wekks/months ago if I'd been using my vista partition.
More proof that Linux rocks!!!
Between then my mouse stopped working to full functionality as well, but
I didn't take it back cause Currys were being such dolts about it.
And now the power lead's gone, and I need to pay £20 for a new one
(otherwise I'll be up to 2-3 weeks without the laptop,
apparently....despite the fact any dolt could see it's purely a lead
problem... grr).
So I am not impressed with Advent. (Excuse the rant! ;-) )

--
PK???