Re: [Hampshire] Broken English [WAS: Re: Remote voting at ge…

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Broken English [WAS: Re: Remote voting at general meetings]

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57f06100.hantslug.org.uk.25720': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Oct 21 09:57:04 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 09:52:47AM +0100, Jon Fautley wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 00:37:41 +0100
> tony.lambert@??? wrote:
>
> > This email originates from Steria*. It, and any attachments, may
> > contain confidential information and may be subject to copyright or
> > other intellectual property rights. It is only for the use of the
> > addressee(s). You may not copy, forward, disclose, save or otherwise
> > use it in any way if you are not the addressee(s) or responsible for
> > delivery. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the
> > sender and cancel it immediately. Steria may monitor the content of
> > emails within its network to ensure compliance with its policies and
> > procedures. Any email is susceptible to alteration and its integrity
> > cannot be assured. Steria shall not be liable if the message is
> > altered, modified, falsified, or edited.
>
> How do you "cancel" an email?

Not, I think, what was intended in the text above, but I believe
that there is a "cancel" feature in MS Exchange -- you send a second
mail with the appropriate header, and Exchange expunges it from the
recipient's mailbox.

As with all of these disclaimers, it's not worth the paper it's
written on.

Hugo.

--- Hey, Virtual Memory! Now I can have a *really big* ramdisk! ---