Re: [Hampshire] Why I like Perl

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Why I like Perl
On Wed, October 15, 2008 14:04, Graham Bleach wrote:
> 2008/10/15 Samuel Penn <sam@???>:
>> Javascript is fine for simple stuff, but for any large application
>> I'd much rather have a strongly typed and compiled language, with
>> good debugger and IDE support.
>
> And then persuade all the browsers to support it and wait five years
> until the install coverage is high enough to actually use it ;-)

Well, yeah, if you need to do client side browser stuff you pretty
much have to use Javascript, but then you really should be sticking
to simple stuff. I was more referring to using it on the server
side (a number of server products we deal with make heavy use of
Javascript for server side customisation) where it's used as a
general-purpose language for large applications.

--
Be seeing you,            http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                      xmpp:sam@???