Re: [Hampshire] suse 10.3 and grub not updating

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] suse 10.3 and grub not updating
> Are you saying that in the new grub menu.lst is replaced with grub.cfg?

On my (WBEL) system, menu.lst is a symlink to grub.conf. They are the same
thing...

>> I also
>> had trouble with the naming of drives changing which caused great
>> confusion. Could either of those be your problem?
>
> I not sure what you mean there.
> Are you saying that the suse installer might be writing grub to a
> different hard drive?

Nomenclature changes; what was previously hda might now be sda.

It's easy to get into a mess with grub, especially when the BIOS boot
order changes[1] ;-(

Vic.

[1] Which is why hobgoblin is still booting from PATA - I really made a
mess the other weekend...