Re: [Hampshire] Linux.Lion worm

Author: Alan Bell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux.Lion worm
The Xburst (mipsel) based things including the Elonex ONEt, the Maplin
CNM minibook, the Trendtac Epc700 and the Alpha 400. Also the Elonex ONE
(that is the £99 laptop with the removable keyboard). The ONE has a
processor that lists itself as a 486 in /proc/cpuinfo. I think some ARM
based devices such as the Nokia 810 might run as a 'single user'
I am doing a bit of work towards putting a sensible operating system
(debian mipsel) on the Elonex ONEt. The default operating system is
fairly simple and pretty and "consumers" love it, but it isn't geek
friendly at all!

Alan.

--
Alan Bell
The Open Learning Centre

Web: www.theopenlearningcentre.com
Mob: +44 (0)7736 778908
Tel: +44 (0)8444 3576000

The Open Learning Centre is a trading name of Bell Lord Ltd,
a company registered in England and Wales #05868943.
VAT Registration #GB 901 4715 55