Re: [Hampshire] Hello

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hello
On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 at 01:16:55PM +0100, Phillip Chandler wrote:

> > As the new chairman I will personally try and say hello to
> > everyone. I know it's hard on a first visit to a new group to meet
> > people and while I know some people do introduce themselves it
> > does help if some people in the group introduce themselves first.
>

> "Hello Mr. Chairman" from sunny, but cold, Thatcham.

HELLO, from a sunny and mild Basingstoke!

I think it's true, if you turn up at an event and nobody says
hello you feel a bit odd. I know we all do it and forget to
introduce ourselves, hence my resolution to try and always say
hello to people at LUG meetings.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The problem with cruel and unusual punishment is that you have to keep
being creative.  For example, some may call it cruel and unusual to turn
a spammer into spam, but by the time you feed the hundredth into the
woodchipper it's become quite usual.
    -- Anthony de Boer in the Monastery