Re: [Hampshire] Hello

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hello

> Although I do not have time to attend the meetings, I have attended a
> few, and everyone is very friendly.
> I did not find everyone jumping up to say hello to a new person, but
> they were all happy to chat about stuff if I approached someone at
> random. I learnt about vital stuff I did not know about before going,
> for example "Frozen Bubble" !!!

As the new chairman I will personally try and say hello to
everyone. I know it's hard on a first visit to a new group to meet
people and while I know some people do introduce themselves it
does help if some people in the group introduce themselves first.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

I've found that people who are great at something are
not so much convinced of their own greatness as
mystified at why everyone else seems so incompetent.
    -- Paul Graham, "Great Hackers" 2004