Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone else have any mad ideas to do wi…

Author: Steve Kemp
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone else have any mad ideas to do withcomputers for if they came into a large sum of money?
On Wed Oct 08, 2008 at 13:36:20 +0100, Stuart Matheson wrote:
>    Can you de-activate the bathroom light at all or is it hardwired to the
>    sensor?

The model I chose[0] is basically always on. The drawback there
is that if I need to change the bulbs I will need to cut the power at
the fusebox to avoid a suddenly hot bulb in my hand. (Or do it in
the daytime!)

There are basically two kinds of PIR-switches I found:

    1.  Wall-Mounting ones with a manual override.
    2.  Ceiling-mounting ones with no override.

I bought a ceiling mounted one to replace a typical "pull cord"
bathroom switch. Having the manual control would be good, but because it
is on the ceiling too high to reach.
(Moving from the ceiling switch to a wall-switch would have required
re-routing the power cables; definitely a job I couldn't manage
myself.)

Steve
--

0 - http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=33277