Re: [Hampshire] Hello

Author: Becky Taylor
To: Hampshire LUG
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hello
> How nice to have another! I'm female, kinda odd, and love Linux and
> computers. I am, however, a lot more than 16... How's your history?

If we
> discount Babbage, I was born before computers..
>
> Sadly we are unlikely to meet. I can mostly only manage school

holidays now,
> and not always those. But it's nice to see the ranks of females grow...
>
> > ... My distro of choice is Mint.
>
> And mine Debian. But my granddaughter uses PCLinuxOS 2007 and Kubuntu

8.04,
> both chosen and installed by me, and my husband uses PCLinuxOS 2008

minime.
> Again, chosen by me. And I had Fedora 9 on my laptop until a few

weeks ago,
> when I installed Lenny so I could lend it to someone else for a short

while.
> So I am not doctrinaire. But for using myself on my main workhorse I

like
> Debian Lenny (testing) and KDE .
>
> So welcome. :-)
>
> Lisi

Hello Lisi,
:-) Thanks for the welcome!
Err... my history... not good. I have never had one history lesson. So
things like dates, people, I'm not good at, but random facts I'm ok. :-D

I doubt I will be able to meet any dates in the school holidays, as I go
back to my home in Shropshire then... just a bit of a long commute! ;-)

Well, I am looking forward to the first meeting. Hope I can get to it!

Becky