Re: [Hampshire] Forwarding Server Email

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Forwarding Server Email
2008/10/7 Dr Adam J Trickett <adam.trickett@???>:

> On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 at 12:27:51PM +0100, Keir Whitlock wrote:
>> (for redhat/fedora flavours)
>>
>> Edit the /etc/aliases to forward the required system user internal mail
>> to an address you specify. i.e
>>
>> root:           myemail@???

>> and then run newaliases.
>
> As long as you have a MTA installed, then I do this too. On
> Debian/Exim I don't think you need to run newaliases.

The problem I have is that I used to handle the stuphi.co.uk domain
email on my own box, along with my website etc. Now I have redirected
my email only to Google apps, so any external mail to stuphi.co.uk
goes there. Internal, the machine still thinks that it is
stuphi.co.uk, and therefore delivers the mail locally.

Basically my setup is now broken. I really need to go through and sort
it out properly. That will likly be a move to Ubuntu, but I keep
looking at that and chickening out. Now the winter is coming, maybe I
could spend some of these dark evenings fixing it. In the mean time I
was hoping for a lazy quick fix :-)

Thanks for all the suggestions. The recent talk about Virtualisation
have given me some ideas....

--
Philip Stubbs