Re: [Hampshire] Forwarding Server Email

Top Page
Author: Chris Smith
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Forwarding Server Email

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5791e100.hantslug.org.uk.1202': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Oct 7 11:37:50 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 11BEF6408586B4B2
Philip Stubbs wrote:

> A little while ago, I stopped using my own mail server, and started
> using Google Apps for my domain. So far, this has worked great. The
> only problem I have now is that I don't get to see any of the normal
> email notifications I used to get from things such as cron jobs etc.
>
> What is the simplest configuration on my server to get the internal
> email messages forwarded to my google apps account?

I just stick a .forward file in /root that has the destination address.
I'm not sure if that's the most elegant or safest method, but it works.

Chris
--
Chris Smith <cjs94@???>