Re: [Hampshire] Greetings from Farnborough

Top Page
Author: Dr Adam Trickett
To: paul, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Greetings from Farnborough

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57f25100.hantslug.org.uk.23152': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Oct 6 19:59:46 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Sunday 05 Oct 2008, Paul Stimpson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the group. I've been running Linux since the days of SuSE 8 and
> have been through Mandriva, 4 incarnations of Kubuntu and now trying a
> switch to FC9. I'm currently running a VIA mini-ITX server (Debian Etch) ,
> an IPCop firewall and a Dell Precision laptop on FC9 with XP SP3
> virtualised under Virtualbox.
>
> I build and operate satellite transmission systems, TV studios and Avid
> video editing systems for a living.
>
> I used to live Surrey and have been active on the Surrey list for a number
> of years. I moved to Farnborough a few years ago and thought it was about
> time I joined Hants too.

Paul,

Welcome to Hampshire I'm sure you will fit in and I look forward to meeting
you!

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The problem with cruel and unusual punishment is that you have to keep
being creative.  For example, some may call it cruel and unusual to turn
a spammer into spam, but by the time you feed the hundredth into the
woodchipper it's become quite usual.
    -- Anthony de Boer in the Monastery