Re: [Hampshire] Kernel Problems with FC10 Beta

Author: Stephen Davies
To: Hugo Mills
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Kernel Problems with FC10 Beta
Hugo,
This url may help

The kernel version with the problem is 2.6.27-rc....

I'm seeing exactly this problem. The USB Hub times out repeatedly.
Others are reporting this problem as well. There is a bugzilla number
somewhere but I can't find it at the moment.

It was not there on earlier 'rc' versions of this kernel.
some of the report seem to point the finger at the USB and how the low
latency drivers work in a tickless world. There again, I might be wrong.
What I do know is that I had to reinstall F9 on my test bed Mac Mini as
F10 after a 'yum update' was totally useless. The USB connected mouse &
KB did not respond as the USB Hub subsystem kept timing out and filling
the logs with error messages. This is really noticeable when 'X' is
running. The KB does respond when in the kernel is in single user mode
but only works intermittently when at runlevel 3.

Stephen D