[Hampshire] [ADMIN] Committe changes and things

Top Page
Author: Dr Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Committe changes and things

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57871100.hantslug.org.uk.14138': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Oct 5 13:45:04 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Hello!

I would first like to thank our out going committee for their sterling work
over the last year(s). I'm about to find out how hard their job has been.
Perhaps I'll want to thank them even more after doing the job myself...

I would like to thank everyone who made it to Basingstoke in the drizzle
yesterday and voted. I'd also like to thank Hugo, our returning officer for
administering the election.

###

My Plans:

I don't have any radical plans, I'd mostly like to see things continue:

1) Bring a box meetings the first Saturday of the month.

2) Our web site being an open wiki

3) This mailing list to continue

4) The IRC channel

###

In theory the next meeting should take place on Saturday 1 November in the
south of the County and the following meeting should take place on Saturday 6
December in the north.

It is possible that no venues will be available and we may have to gate crash
another LUG's meeting as we have been doing for the past year.

It is my belief that most people prefer to know in advance when a meeting will
take place and attendance figures show the Southampton University site to be
the most popular. Please let me know on or off list if this is not the case.

###

I'll now speak with the old committee and the new one to find out how much
work I've let my self in for...

###

Should anyone wish to contact me directly, you may use this email address and
shortly the Hants-LUG chairman's address will direct through to this one. I
usually have access to my email most of the day - though I'm more likely to
respond at evenings and weekends.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Like dreams, statistics are a form of wish fulfilment.
    -- Jean Baudrillard