Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] WANTED: Chairman

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Adrian Bridgett
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] WANTED: Chairman
Adrian,

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 at 10:56:56AM +0100, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 22:46:01 +0100 (+0100), Dr Adam Trickett wrote:
> > How much real work is involved?
>
> Not a huge amount really, depends how much you want to do. I did much
> more two years ago than now. The main item is trying to organise
> meetins which has become increasingly difficult with venues being
> burnt down, rebuilt and unavailable. And trying to get talks :-)

Not sure how good I'll be but I can but give it ago. Though you
say it's been hard of late, I'd say HANTS-LUG has done better than
most.

> > Do you have to go to every meeting?
>
> Nope - I don't think that's neccessary at all. There are generally
> enough of us with kit and technical experience to plumb the network
> together.

Good, I do try, but it's not always possible...!

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.
    -- anon