Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] WANTED: Chairman

Top Page
Author: Dr Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] WANTED: Chairman

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58442100.hantslug.org.uk.14564': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Sep 22 22:46:01 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Monday 22 Sep 2008, Hugo Mills wrote:
>    All -

>    We're less than a week until the close of the nominations period
> for next year's committee, and we're still at minimum short of a
> candidate for chairman.

>    If you're interested, either state your interest on this list, and
> see if anyone nominates you, or arrange your own ceremonies in the
> smoke-filled room of your choice, and get someone to nominate you...

>    Further candidates for the other posts would make for a more
> interesting than normal election, too.

How much real work is involved?

Do you have to go to every meeting?

While I'd be willing to offer up time and such, I wonder if diving in at the
deep end is a bit much?

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Blessed are the pessimists, for they test their backups.
    -- anon