Re: [Hampshire] Mobile broadband dongle things

Author: Dominic Cleal
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mobile broadband dongle things
On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 07:48:12 +0100, Alan Bell wrote:
> The Orange ICON 225 is pretty good, rather different to the Huawei
> ones. There is a driver for it called HSO which will be in the kernel
> soonish. There are a few issues with different versions of the driver
> causing kernel oops on disconnect, but the very latest driver from
> the kernel tree is good.

Seconded that it works here. It has the "CDROM" bit on it with Windows
drivers, but there's a site[1] that has contains the magic to disable
that, talk to the device and a GUI to control it. The GUIs are
packaged as .debs for Ubuntu 8.04, while the rest could be built
anywhere I expect - the source for the GUIs (it's Python) are
available elsewhere on the site I think. All just works with those
installed and quite easy.

It's been reliable and speedy so far, no complaints.

[1] http://www.pharscape.org/content/view/66/53/

--
Dominic Cleal
dominic@???