Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee
Graham Bleach wrote:

> I haven't seen any contradictory advice on how to stand from the
> committee members, so I'm rather puzzled by your confusion, but in any
> case Tony has clarified how candidates should proceed.

You can't have read all the posts then.

> Such a modification to the constitution would take time to prepare,
> discuss and amend. I personally see little value in doing so, nor do I
> wish to spend my time and/or money engaging the services of lawyers
> discovering what, if anything HantsLUG is liable for. The liability of
> your company, which carries out professional services in return for a
> fee, may be quite different.

Engaging the services of lawyers is not the suggestion. That's like
predicting the weather. The fact that HL does have a committee and
constitution implies addition responsibilities.

> You appear to be asking other members to do this work as a
> precondition of putting yourself forward for the committee. If they
> have enough free time to do so, I would encourage them to instead
> stand for one of the roles themselves. I feel it would be a better use
> of their time ;-)

I am encouraging the current committee pave the way safely for a new
committee.

--
Damian L Brasher
http://www.diap.org.uk - Quick and low-cost way to make an environment