[Hampshire] Golden oldies - Acorn ADFS disk images

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Golden oldies - Acorn ADFS disk images
Hi all

Does anybody know anything about mounting strange FS's onto media? Way back when I used to cpmpile kernels (8 years ago) I'm sure there was an option to build ADFS *(Acorn Disk Filing System) image support into the kernel. This makes me think Linux can read ADFS disks.

In fact I don't want to read ADFS disks, I want to read / write an ADFS image to a compact flash card. There's a program for XP that can do this but I'd prefer Linux. Is it a question of mount what where once I've got ADFS support enabled (not sure how you do that nowadays) and then I can use Nautilus or whatever?

Sorry if this is over-simplifying - I guess it might be but it's worth a look.

Cheers
Rob

* ADFS was what us 1987 BBC Micro using schoolchildren used to save our coursework on. Still used in RISCOS machines today I think.