Re: [Hampshire] The Elonex webbook at Carphone Warehouse

Author: Alan Bell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] The Elonex webbook at Carphone Warehouse
It is just normal Ubuntu, the first user has sudo access by default, if
they set up a second user then the second user by default does not, and
sees less stuff in the in the system menu.
I am guessing the demo units are set up as a normal desktop user without
sudo access. There certainly is a terminal, I hate the locked down nasty
OEM setups where they try to prevent you getting to a command line.

Alan.

--
Alan Bell
The Open Learning Centre

Web: www.theopenlearningcentre.com
Mob: +44 (0)7736 778908
Tel: +44 (0)8444 3576000

The Open Learning Centre is a trading name of Bell Lord Ltd,
a company registered in England and Wales #05868943.
VAT Registration #GB 901 4715 55